Welcome to the homepage of the best year in the school!
The Year Five class teachers are Miss Beard and Mr Kitchin. We are also lucky to have the teaching expertise of Mrs Orr and Mrs Lane in our classes this year.
We will also be lucky enough to visit 'RockPod' and work in school with a professional musician, DJ, this year as well as taking advantage of a number of visiting sports professionals who will work with us on various skills. Its going to be a busy and action packed year!
Please keep watching this page for new information and activities we have taken part in during the year.
We are now back after a restful half term holiday and already back into hard work in our literacy and numeracy sets with Mr Cole, Miss Beard and Mr Kitchin.
We are also still taking part in loads of sports with specialists and music activities; guitars with DJ, Rockpod and clarinets with Mr Reed.
Keep checking the page to see photos and information about our learning.
Stars of the Week
- Josh for lovely detailed observational drawings of a sunflower.
- Alea for really working hard in her sketching and sharing her artistic skills with her classmates.
- Reece for a fantastic drawing of his sunflower.
- Kyle for fab attitude to learning - keep it up!
- Dylan for a really good attitude to his work.
- Daniel (Y6) for hard work in Literacy.
- Sky - working really hard despite being really poorly.
- Ana for great maths.
- Alexandra for settling in really well.
- Jordan H for his Spanish.
- Harry - for working hard in Literacy
- Jaymee-Leigh for super hard work in Literacy.
- Lucus for being a brilliant Sevenfields Star pupil
- Safia for settling in well into her new school
- Fletcher - for his pereseverence in numeracy.
- Lucas - for excellent progress in all subjects.
- Alexandra - Brilliant work on life cycles in science.
Reminders for Parents:
- Reading books need to be in school daily and failure to have a book in school means 1 point is lost. Books need to be read by the child (to an adult if appropriate) and signed by an adult every school night in the week plus one of the weekend nights (Friday, Sat or Sun). If it is not signed by an adult as required, Privilege time is spent reading to an adult.
- PE kits need to be in at all times during the term and will be sent home for washing at holiday times. Failure to have full kit means 5 points are lost.
- As part of their uniform, the children wear indoor shoes (eg. daps or slippers) and you need to ensure that they have these to change into for health and safety reasons.
- Our PE days are Tuesdays and Thursdays although we could do extra PE on any other day.
- Our tuck day is Thursday and children are allowed to buy a maximum of 2 items (30p per item).
- We are a Healthy School. This means that all snacks from home need to be healthy - fruit, vegetables, cheese, yoghurts, cereal bars. Please do not provide crisps, biscuits, pasties, sweets, chocolate, cheddars etc for your child's snack as they will be removed from them and returned at hometime.
We thank you for all your continued support and if you have any queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to see either of us after school or you can also make an appointment to see us privately.
Miss Beard & Mr Kitchin